Sharing Shakespeare outside and online with the RSC
Following the government’s roadmap for lifting lockdown restrictions, we are excited to share that our partners the RSC, have reconceived their productions The Winter’s Tale and The Comedy of Errors – which were on the verge of opening in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in 2020. Thanks to innovation and technology, you’ll now be able to catch these productions this summer.
The RSC will present their first new full-length Shakespeare production since September 2019: Erica Whyman’s The Winter’s Tale, newly imagined as a stage-on-screen production. You can enjoy the broadcast premiere of The Winter’s Tale this April on BBC Four (exact transmission date to be announced) and it will then be available to watch (and rewatch) on iPlayer.
The Comedy of Errors takes centre stage this summer in the RSC’s new open-air Garden Theatre for a strictly limited run. This specially constructed outdoor performance space in the Swan Gardens will allow you to watch this side-splitting production safely and securely. Keep your eyes peeled for full details of the Garden Theatre programme in April, as well as when bookings will open.
View the full statement from the RSC here.
- Bell Court has it covered for December countdown to Christmas
- Father Christmas Brings Magic to Bell Court at the Christmas Lights Switch-On
- Bell Court and the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) come together to bring creative joy to Stratford-upon-Avon
- Competition – A Christmas Carol at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre on Saturday 26th November
- RSC down at Bell Court, as part of Great Big Green Week